BENEFITS OF ORION CODING & MARKING SOFTWARE
- Design and edit message from a PC and transfer files to a printer via Ethernet or USB connection
- WYSIWYG message creation
- Create many types of barcodes in your messages from Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, DataMatrix, QR, and many more
- Most logo image files supported
- Calculate approximate ink usage of a message
- The following languages can be selected (on-the-fly): English, Spanish, German, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean and Russian
- Orion software can be loaded on up to 3 PCs per site, additional Tier 1-Tier 3 licenses can be added on a per user basis
Orion is a Windows application that executes on any host computer running the following operating systems (32-bit or 64-bit):
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows Server 2008 (not supported on Server Core Role)
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (not supported on Server Core Role)
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 • Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
There is a 32-bit version that will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows, as well as a 64-bit version that will run on 64-bit versions of Windows. The 64-bit version of Orion should be used for creating messages with logos that will be printed with a Gemini printer because they typically require more memory.
TESTING FOR ORION
- If you would like to run Orion at your facility but connect to a printer in another location, the destination location must allow PING, FTP and TCP communications in through the firewall/router. To help you determine if this is possible, you can run this test from your remote location to determine if your location can be PINGed from outside of your network. To perform a remote communications test on your system, click here then wait for the results to appear.You can check if ports 21 and 4000 are open by using a site like http://www.canyouseeme.org or http://www.ipfingerprints.com/portscan.php.
SOFTWARE LICENSE UPGRADES
Looking for Replacement Ink Jet Inks and Fluids?
Kwik Lok® Templates
If you are using your printer to print on Kwik Lok® tags, we provide templates that allow you to easily configure Orion.
Kwik Lok® is a registered trademark of Kwik Lok Corporation.